Here are three strategies to help you price your home correctly.Are you a homeowner who’s starting to think about selling your home? You’re probably wondering, “How should I price
6 Important Reasons Why You Should Never Buy Or Sell Alone
Dated: December 6 2018
6 Important Reasons Why You
Should Never Buy Or Sell Alone
Having been in real estate since 2004 I keep thinking I have heard and seen it all, but then someone else's story pops up and my team and I are shocked yet again at what kind of hiccups a lack of experience can cause buyers and sellers.
Experience definitely matters, so please keep that in mind when choosing who you want to work with to achieve your real estate goals.
Keeping this in mind, I have created a list of
6 Important Reasons You Should Never Buy Or Sell Alone
- Knowing what designs, floor plans, upgrade now vs later - these will play into your long-term investment and having someone with experience by your side, who has completed hundreds of transactions, makes sense, yes?
- The internet and apps are not ALWAYS your best friend when it comes to searching for a home. Yes, you can see the basics online. Yes, your app may notify you as soon as a property comes on the market - but at the end of the day, it is a machine. It does not have access to off-market properties. We have 2 people on our team whose only job is to find off-market properties - the spend all day looking for them, every day!
- How much time have you spent studying Fair Housing Laws and knowing how to navigate through this HUGE transaction without breaking any of those laws? It is our JOB to know the law when it comes to buying and selling real estate - that law applies to you too, correct?
- How do you buy a house? What does a contract look like? What forms do you need in order to purchase or sell a piece of property? How do you make sure that you are not being hoodwinked on the pricing? Are you familiar with a contingency and how to fulfill/remove it so you don't lose $$$$$$? An experienced real estate agent will help protect your interests and work to get you the most money possible in your transaction.
- Selling and buying a home is STRESSFUL. There are a LOT of emotions that go into both sides of this transaction and having someone to work on your behalf, to be a real estate therapist if you will, is beneficial in so many ways. Think about it, have you ever made a bad choice when emotional? Having someone who is neutral and can be the rock needed to keep everything steady will help you in the long run in getting through this major purchase!
- When working with an agent, you SAVE/MAKE MORE $$$$$$$$. Statistically speaking, when you sell with a Realtor you make 8% more than you would if you tried to do a For Sale By Owner. To make that speak a little louder, on a $400,000 house - you will make, on average, $32,000 more than if you had tried to sell on your own. It is our job to represent your best interests to the best of our abilities - it is our job to make you money!
Latest Blog Posts
Are you a homeowner who really wants to buy but isn’t sure how to sell your home and buy at the same time? There are two key things that you need to think about : 1. Is your home purchase